Depth sensing for automotive applications
Pelican’s 3D array solutions provide a depth point for every X-Y location. This enables one HW platform to be used to achieve regulatory mandates and optional feature upgrades.
This depth-sensing approach has multiple benefits:
- Reduces the need for ancillary sensors (Lidar, Sonic, Mass)
- Single array camera maintains perfect calibration
- Arrays of cameras can be re-calibrated dynamically in the field
- Sensors can support visible and NIR
A small camera footprint enables numerous camera locations:
- A-frame pillar
- Interior mirror
- Trunk Lid
- Array camera: Each array camera provides near distance depth data (e.g. pedestrian or object detection, back up)
- Stereo array cameras: Multiple array cameras provide far distance depth data (e.g active cruise control)
- Arrays of individual cameras: Multi-baseline arrangement of individual cameras provide near and far distance depth data
Dynamic Calibration in the field
Individual array cameras or clusters of individual cameras can locate the same objects to auto-calibrate/verify parallax data, in real time.